Friday, March 23, 2007

About My Community

Community is a locality inhabited by a group of people. I belong to the Murry Bergtraum Community because I am a student at this high school. It's been four years since I joined this school. Now, I am a senior. I am a member of National Honor Society and Council for Unity. I am a section editor for senior life section in the Yearbook Staff of 2007. I'm also a volunteer in Senior Council. I am part of this community because I talk with my fellow classmates and friends. We try to come up with different ideas of improvement so we can make our high school a better place and accomplish our school's mission.

This school is located in Lower Manhattan near the Brooklyn Bridge next to City hall. The complete address is 411 Pearl Street, Manhattan, NY 10038 and the phone number is (212)-964-9610. It is a public high school and it offers business courses like accounting, marketing, finance, computer science, and information systems along with academic courses to prepare students for college. Students are well-behaved and well-mannered. The school's mission is to "instill in its students a strong sense of ethics, problem solving skills, strategies for consensus building, team spirit, a work ethic, a sense of self esteem, critical thinking and interpersonal skills." Thus, it prepare students for college and for the business world. This is why Bergtraum is the first choice for students who have decided upon business careers.
http://www.bergtraum.org/
Sana Islam March 23, 2007

No comments: